- This article is about the series. For other uses, see The Selection (disambiguation).
The Selection Series is an ongoing five-novel series of dystopian/romance young adult novels by author Kiera Cass.
It follows the journey of America Singer for the first three novels of this series. She is a young girl who was selected to enter a competition called The Selection (referred to as The Hunger Games meets The Bachelor, minus the bloodsport) which is supposed to help the heir to the throne find their partner for life. In America's case, she is chosen to be one of the thirty-five girls to compete for Prince Maxon's heart, and to be the next princess of a future country called Illéa. However, this means leaving her family and secret boyfriend Aspen behind. She is stuck between two worlds and realizes that life as one of the competitors is not what she expected.
Last April 22, 2015, it was announced that Warner Brothers has purchased the film rights for The Selection.
The last two books follows the journey of Princess Eadlyn Schreave. "Eadlyn doesn't expect her Selection to be anything like her parents' fairy-tale love story...but as the competition begins, she may discover that finding her own happily ever after isn't as impossible as she's always thought." [From www.kieracass.com/books]
- The Heir (May 5, 2015)
- The Selection: Book 5 (Title and release date to be announced.)
- The Prince (March 5, 2013 and February 4, 2014)
- The Guard (February 4, 2014)
- The Selection Stories: The Prince and The Guard (February 4, 2014)
- The Queen (December 2, 2014)
- The Favorite (October 6, 2015)
- The Selection Stories: The Queen and The Favorite (It would be released in March 3, 2015, but it was cancelled later.)
- The Selection Series Sampler (December 30, 2014); only available as an e-book but for free, includes the first chapters from The Selection, The Elite, The One and The Heir. Sometimes it includes a mistake, reading The Queen instead of The Heir.
- Happily Ever After: Companion to the Selection Series (October 6, 2015): all known novellas and new ones will be published in hardback and illustrated.
- The Selection was a potential television series that would have aired on The CW, but it was not picked up.
- It was announced on April 22, 2015 that Warner Bros has won the film rights of The Selection series and has set Black List scribe Katie Lovejoy to adapt it. DiNovi Pictures’ Denise DiNovi and Alison Greenspan are producing with Pouya Shahbazian.
- The series has sold 3.5 million copies worldwide and is published in 32 languages.
- The font for The Selection Series in all covers is Yana.