The Queen is a novella in The Selection Series that is told from Queen Amberly's point of view, about her own Selection competition to win King Clarkson, father of Maxon Schreave, when he was the Prince. It was released separately on December 2, 2014. It was also released on October 13, 2015 together with the novellas The Favorite, The Guard, an extended version of The Prince, the bonus epilogue of The One and three scenes in Celeste's point of view in the hardback Happily Ever After.
Before America Singer's story began, another girl came to the palace to compete for the hand of a different prince . . .
This prequel story takes place before the events of The Selection and is told from the point of view of Prince Maxon's mother, Amberly. Discover a whole new Selection with this inside look at how Maxon's parents met — and how an ordinary girl named Amberly became a beloved queen.
Basically it tells the story of the former Queen Amberly and the former King Clarkson's Selection.
- Amberly Schreave
- Clarkson Schreave
- Porter Schreave
- Abby Schreave
- Adele Station
- Hendly (mentioned)
- Romina (mentioned)
- Romina's child (mentioned)
- "On the contrary, he was a mystery I was excited to solve." — Amberly Schreave about Clarkson Schreave
- "His world looked like a storm. I was going to be its center." — Amberly Schreave about Clarkson Schreave
- "You will be the only thing in this world that will truly be mine. And I will put you on a pedestal so high, it will be impossible for anyone not to adore you." — Clarkson Schreave to Amberly Schreave
- Amberly was a Four before she entered the Selection, but did the work of a Seven, as Clarkson pointed out to her.
- The first 3 chapters can be read at: http://unlockmoreselection.com
- The Queen and The Favorite will be in print for the first time in Happily Ever After: Companion to the Selection Series.