|Birthday||May 19, 1981|
Kiera Cass is the New York Times Bestselling author of The Selection Series.
Kiera Cass grew up in the 1980s as an an awkward teenager and wanted to perform, but wasn't sure what she wanted to do. She tried all methods of performing from acting, to singing, to dancing, but eventually realized that she loved storytelling over performing, which led her to become an author.
She began writing after a local tragedy in 2007, releasing the self-published book The Siren in 2009 while she was pregnant with her son. Three years later, she got HarperTeen to take on The Selection, which came out on April 24, 2012. The second book in the series, The Elite, was released on April 23, 2013. The latest book to the series, The One, was released on May 6, 2014. A new book, The Heir, about the Selection of Eadlyn Schreave (Maxon's and America's daughter), was released on May 5, 2015. The last book, still untitled, will be released on May, 2016.
Along with her books, she wrote two companion novels to The Selection: The Prince and The Guard, plus The Selection Stories, a combination of the two digital novellas. She wrote two more novellas: The Queen, released on December 2, 2014, about Queen Amberly's Selection and The Favorite, in Marlee Tames's point of view. All already published novellas and new ones will be released in an illustrated hardcover, Happily Ever After in October 6, 2015.
She also announced on October 10, 2014 that The Siren will be re-released by HarperTeen in January 26, 2016.
Also, Kiera has planned on starting a new series, wherein the very first book has no name, cover or release date, but has a simple description.
She is married to Callaway Cass. They have two children, a son named Guyden and a daughter named Zuzu.
- The Selection (March 26, 2012 and April 24, 2012)
- The Elite (April 23, 2013)
- The One (May 6, 2014)
- The Heir (May 5, 2015)
- The Selection: Book 5 (title and date to be announced.)
- The Prince (March 5, 2013 and February 4, 2014)
- The Guard (February 4, 2014)
- The Queen (December 2, 2014)
- The Favorite
- Happily Ever After: Companion to the Selection Series (October 6, 2015)
Other Works Edit
- The Siren - Self-published in 2009. To be re-released by HarperTeen (January 26, 2016)
- Unannounced Novel
- Cass loves cake.
- She hates cold vegetables and never eats salads.
- She doesn't drink coffee or tea, but she likes hot chocolate.
- In high school, she was a second soprano in an award-winning chamber choir.
- When she goes on the road for book events, she collects and saves all her hotel keys. In 2 years, she has collected about 30 keys.
- Kiera Cass has kissed approximately 14 boys in her life; however, none of them was a prince.
- She rejected her husband three times before she started dating him.
- She is starting a new series, but it does not yet have a title, cover, or release date. She recently stated that this book is currently in the drawer.
In the media Edit
Kiera Cass is active in the social media, answering fan questions and giving information about her books. You can see them here: